Friday, August 15, 2008

Out Smarted the City

Our lovely desert city of Lancaster does not allow home businesses to put signs in their yard to advertise a business. Well I am a daycare located less than a block from a school. When I heard the afterschool programs were all full and Arnold ( the governor ) cut back on aid to some of my daycare families I knew I had to do something to drum up business and help out our community at the same time. We are allowed to have signs on our vehicles but they really aren't that noticable when driving down the road. Think BIG !! One of my best friends and also a daycare parent donated a 15 passenger van to us to use for feild trips. Aha!! The van is now my billboard for my daycare. As you can see we did some creative painting on it and parked it between the house and the school. I added flags to the yard and have had the big bounce house inflated all week. You can't miss us now!! So far we have enrolled two new afterschool kids because of the van !! Neccessity is the mother of invention right!



No comments: