Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My New Toy

Last weekend I loved my husband for loobing and greasing, and oiling and cleaning my squeaky old machine to get me through a few more projects. This week I love him for surprising me with a new machine!!! I have been professionally sewing for decades and never had a machine that did more than zig-zag. See that number 66??? Thats how many different stitches this baby does!! It actually has a button thatmakes it so you can sew with NO FEET !! No power pedal on the floor!! It is such a great idea but I had the hardest time NOT using my foot. So I still do but it is a really cool option!! It also has an automatic needle threader. Once you figure it out its nice but figuring it out was pretty funny. It came with DVD instructions. So I am freeze framing, taking off my glasses to see the needle, putting on my glasses to see the next step, taking off my glasses to see the needle, backing the DVD up because I forgot step one, realizing I lost my glasses when trying to thread the needle and then throwing everything off the table and accussing family members of stealing them and then finding them in my hair. Ok back to step one....... it really isn't hard to do once you know what you are doing. It was me not the machine!!
She also purrs so quietly I can sew in the middle of the night and no one will know.

It may not be my mother-in-laws $10,000 sewing machine but it is the best one for me.....and so is my husband!!!! I love you Malcolm!! Thank you!!

No comments: