Thursday, July 31, 2008

Meet Miss Stella


A friend at http://shabbyscraps.typepad.com/ is throwing a party for all of our much loved companions...our dress forms. To read more about the origin of the story please pop over and read the story of Nadine.





So, I would like to introduce to you Miss Stella. Stella talked to me from behind a glass window at a local vintage store. She managed to sashay closer to the window as time went by. When my birthday came and with much encouragement from my mother I decided to meet Stella one Saturday afternoon for tea. Actually I was looking for teacups and Stella kept whispering to me. She talked of how good of a listener she would be. How handy she would be holding my supplies while I sew. She assured me she would be a great asset to my business while modeling the newest creations. But mostly she would keep me company during the wee hours of the morning when the muses are most busy. Well being quiet the feminine being that she is, she managed to convince me that we were made for each other. She grabbed a few vintage hankies, a pair of pink kid gloves and a little beaded purse, all the things a true lady would never be caught with out, and together we headed to her new home.




Stella and I became fast friends. We shared a lovely little sewing room full of frilly girly things until one day we had to give up our room. Its former roommate was reclaiming his space ( my son Jimmie) and I was not going to leave her there with my quiet dashing son so she moved into the living room. Often we spent time together in the kitchen modeling the newest apron creations or my newest vintage finds. Let me show you Stella as she enjoys being a true frilly girlly.



This was the wedding dress of my dreams. I fought hard for it on e-bay. I was having a garden wedding and this dress was going to be perfect. According to the seller it would fit perfectly.
It is a one-of a kind, hand painted, never been worn, dream come true...until it arrived. It would have been perfect if I had no breasts. Well I do and a whole lot!! I loved this dress so much that even though it couldn't be altered to fit I still can not part with it. I am so happy that when I finally pulled it out of storage it fits Stella perfectly. She was right all along....we were meant to be together.

9 comments:

Rosa said...

Stella is great!
Rosa

Carla said...

Stella's a beauty and her story was such fun to read. She's a worthy recipient of the dress of your dreams.

Saucy said...

That really is a GORGEOUS wedding dress... too bad it didn't fit, but it suits Stella wonderfully. I like her story... she was meant to live with you.

blessings said...

i LOVE that she has a little storage spot! That's very unique. Blessings... Polly

Alisa Noble said...

What a good friend Stella is! :)

Maija said...

Stella is lovely!

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Oh what a shame about the dress! You could've put a corset back in it with a contrasting fabric to match! I could be done!
Or duct tape dem boobies down, lol!
Gorgeous dress form, I've never seen one like her before!
Best,
Nikki

cherished*vintage said...

Your Stella is a beauty! She is a lucky lady to get to wear that stunning wedding dress. Beautiful!
-Karoline

Anonymous said...

I am so glad at least your dream dress fit stella! She and the dress are gorgeous!Thanks for supporting me and nadia!
xoxo, Tiffany