Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursday






Oops I nearly forgot to post my Vintage Thing Thursday items! Coming back from Virginia I have tons of new Vintage Thingies !! Vintage means "Old with a Purpose"!! These are just a few of my finds I brought home. From the top before anyone gets upset....No she is not a real baby! I make reborn babies and found this beautiful old nursury scale to use as display and weigh my babies for accuracy when weighting them. It was also fun to weigh the new puppies on after not seeing them for 10 days. Also is a mint green and mint condition Handy Hannah Hairdryer fron the 1960's. A few old tins, an old train case , miniture baking tins for my little kitchen ( see previous Vintage Thursday ) and a stack of old books, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm 1903, History of Virginia for Boys and Girls , 1933, Elements of Arithmatic, 1893, and Etiquette by Emily Post 1927. Maybe I should post from that book so we can all get some class!! Vintage Thursday Thingies is sponsered by Confessions of An Apron Queen @ http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/


Tomorrow is a big day so be sure you stop by and meet Stella and her friends.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all look great together!

Beth Ann said...

WOW! I'm glad you mentioned the baby wasn't real! I did a double glance! LOL
What great finds! I love them all!
Thanks for sharing!

Gretchen said...

Really cool! I have to admit, I was thinking "she left a baby alone to take that picture?"

The Apron Queen said...

That baby looks totally real. Love the scale. Thanks for sharing. :)

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

I thought it was a real baby at first too!
Great group of vintage thingies!
Loved lookin!
Blessings to you!
Claudia O.

JEWELGIRL said...

This is so adorable!

Melissa said...

I love reborns and have that exact scale, mines just missing the cradle top piece. How wonderful!