Thursday, July 3, 2008

Vintage Thingy Thursday



I found this neat idea on a friends blog, www.kitschnsinkstudio.blogspot.com/. I have tons of fun thingys that I would love to share. This great idea is Sponsered by http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/. You have to check out her site. I learned how to cook frog legs from her today. Not that I ever would but you never know !!

So Kristen, this is for you.

This is my kitchen in my kitchen. These are the shelves I have above my computer desk in my kitchen. I have wanted to play with this since my sister, Lonnie, had them when I was growing up and I was never allowed to touch. I had seen the individual pieces in antique stores for $65+ each. Out of my price range. I stumbled upon them on e-bay for $14.00 each. Even with shipping I came out way ahead. Now I can touch them and play with them anytime I want!! And because more than one is more fun.....


Now the reason I brought Kristine into this is that she has the cutest little mini ( and I believe it works ) dishwasher that matches. Now I'm on the hunt again! Wanna come and play???


19 comments:

Kristine said...

OH!! Kathie!! You make me sick!!
In the most green with jealosy way!!!
LOVE IT All!!!!

My stuff is the same, only turq.!!
Isn't that funny???

Hugz,
krisinexxx

MotherHen said...

LOOOOVE your items!!! I also enjoyed your site!

The Apron Queen said...

Oh! Now I want one too! :D Those are some cool thingies!

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

Threeundertwo said...

Oh no! Now I want to collect little pink appliances! I looooove those! They would look so great in my kitchen. ACK! Something else to look for.

Great site!

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE these, they are amazing!

JEWELGIRL said...

These mini kitchen toys are wonderful, you found a wonderful
way to display them too!
Welcome to Vintage Thingies,
hope you stop by and say Hi!

S said...

Yes, I do, I want to play! LOVE that pink, yummy and fun. What great finds you have and neeners to your sis ;-)

Unknown said...

What a great collection, and how super that you have space to display it.

Amy said...

I love them! Oh my goodness I don't quite know where to look first :-)

Drewzel said...

Absoutely adorable!!! I'd come and play, can we make teeny weeny cupcakes?

Unknown said...

These are so great....I wish i could come over and play and I want some too! Love the display! Melinda

Arlette said...

You have some really cool vintage items in your collection. I also loved browsing your other blog filled with beautiful aprons.
Thank you for dropping by and entering my giveaway. Take care.
Aloha!

Kathleen W. said...

Those are so cool! What a great idea, and each time you look at them it must bring you back to childhood. I also love the flags too.

Lylah Ledner said...

this is ALL just way to cute! love what you do....i'm still making my aprons from december :-(....

blessings...lylah

Kristine said...

Hey there!! Hope your having fun!!!
hop over to my blog where I have something waiting for you!!!!

hugz,
Kristine

HDRose, a very gilty girl said...

Hi Kathie, Your little kitchen is sooooooooooo cute and your childhood wishes fulfilled and such a great deal too! Thanks for checking out my blog 'neighbor' I am just south of QH in Palmdale.

Karen
HighDesertRose

Ann said...

Your kitchen in your kitchen is amazing, I love them all!!

Debb said...

Your not to late to joinI'll send parnter out the first week of Aug..I love your small pink kitchen.My daugther had some bigger ones when she was little .I'm going to have to show her your blog she love the pink little kitchen.Love your aprons too.
love Debb

Melissa~ said...

Oh, I so love those little pink kitchens.

I had no idea I had a kitchen twin!! I want to see a photo of your kitchen!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Looking forward to getting to know you! :)

♥ Melissa~
Pink Paper Peppermints