Monday, August 17, 2009

Being Domestic



I have to admit I miss being a wife. Oh, I have a husband, love him with all my heart. He is a truck driver and he has been gone for 7 days this time and it seems like forever.


I have been in a very domestic mood lately.... yes, even more so than usual. It sucks when there is no one to be domestic for!! Decorating, sewing, planting, cooking and cleaning. Maybe because I niss him so much. Maybe it is because school is back in and I need to prepare for the change of seasons and holidays. Yes, I live in Southern California, yes it is 100 degrees today and winter will not be all that harsh...but still I have been fighting the urge to bake and can fruit for the winter.




Today, I lost the battle. I was up at 5:00, fresh linens on the bed, apron on and fresh blueberry strusel muffins in the oven for hubbies return. Then I began sterilizing jars for plum preserves. I don't think I have ever eaten a plum but I have this uncontrollable desire to do this. Here is the reason... I have been reading a new blogs that have inspired me on so many different levels. My domestic side has been nurished by www.sugarpiefarmhouse.com/stocking-up-comfort-and-joy Look at those plums, look at the color, you can almost smell them, they feel like family, comfort and joy. More than a taste I guess I have been craving a feeling.


Oh well!! Too late now, plums are a cookin' and guess what you are gettingfor Christmas!!
I want to write a post on all the new blogs that I have been reading and the people who have been inspiring me but for now I have plums to pit....hey I wonder if I can plant these things???


1 comment:

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

oh my, you are ambitious! 5am!!! Wow, but I commend you! I'd love to have the time for all those goodies!