Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ABCs On The Chalkboard


ABCs On The Chalkboard
Originally uploaded by Dawna_Deanne

Back to school time already. Summer time is over as my little ones march off to school again. My youngest boy is now a Senior and my baby girl starts 5th grade. How I wish I could freeze time...back it up a few years, maybe 8 years. I miss those times when I didn't have to share my kids with the world.

This really should feel like vacation time for me because not only did I send my two own kids off to school but also 10 daycare kids. 3 that I have had since birth are now in kindergarten. I think I have empty nest syndrome! I still have 5 preschoolers with me during the day but after a summer of 15 kids in the house the quiet ( even with 5 under 4 years) I miss my big guys. ( Let me clarify that my big ones are only gone until 1:50, and stay here until 5pm, so they aren't really gone for good.)

What I really need is a baby. Nothing fills the days more than filling my arms. My littlest one is about to turn 2 and he would rather run and play in the dirt than snuggle in the rocking chair.

Days are not boring with my 5 little guys. They keep me hopping. Todays lesson plan was to be "All About Red". Everyone of them showed up in ORANGE !! Luckily I plan ahead and just switched plans and now our day is all about Orange, carrots and cantelope and big juicy oranges. I wonder were tomorrow will lead us, to the park, the farm or in the kitchen making someting messy.

Everyday is an adventure around here.


1 comment:

chinamommy said...

a dog snuggie? oh that kills me!! a gal named Lori commented that she has that GIANT cupcake mold, so i am off to ask her how she cuts it! Good question!
You do daycare? Oh GOD love ya! i HAD to several yrs ago (long story) & it was all i could do NOT to take up smoking & sit & drink wild turkey all day.... thank God i made it out alive (& i think all the kids did too)
~chinamommy (who only loves her own kid)