Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Newest baby




Here is my late birthday/Christmas present for my mom. She is a reborn doll I just finished.


She is 22" long and weighs about 4 pounds. I really enjoy painting reborn dolls. It doesn't show in the pictures but she has tiny veins and a stork bite. She has a tiny little manicure and precious wet looking little lips. One day I hope to be able to create them and sell them professionally on e-bay. These babies really bring in the BIG bucks, between $600 - $1200 each !! I am working on two more for my sisters but it takes so long because the paint must be heat set in the oven between coats. My daycare parents get a little nervous when they see realistic babies sitting on cookie sheets in my oven!!!

1 comment:

Artisan Memories said...

Wow kathie!! They are faboulus. Wonderful Job...Reborns are some of my moms favorite type of dolls too. She has a whole collection. Although i dont make any...LOL.
Do you sell???
Let me know...very interested!!!!