Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Made My Own Laundry Detergent






I'm on a new path to rid my home and daycare of harmful chemicals and lead more natural life.

Today I made my own laundry detergent. I found out how at www.thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com. There are many sites for directions but this one has got
the cutest laundry room!!

I of course used the PINK Zote soap because it is PINK, but I also really like the scent. It smells clean.

I have been shopping for more natural foods and whole grains. I love to cook but when it is just me and my little picky princess it is really hard to do. Now that my household is larger again ( 17 year old son is back with me !! Yiippee!! ) and his entourage of friends are always looking looking for snacks, I am excited to cook again. I am storing my pastas, rices and grain in Mason jars instead of using any plastics. I am doing mypart reccling an reusing and I love the way my pantry looks!! These jars contain - fusille, orzo, natures burger and Country gravy mix.

You can see some of my vintage ice cream scoops and a tin bread box I am refinishing for pie.

1 comment:

Natascha Neko said...

This was a sweet idea! I should look into a more natural lifestyle. Some of those chemicals have dreadful long term effects. Could you see if you find a really good natural skin moisturizer for the winter?